How Alison Schutz will spend her summer

My name is Alison Schutz, and I am a senior member of Alpha Xi Delta. It's amazing how fast time flies, but I have enjoyed every moment of the past four years with the lovely ladies of Rho Chapter! I am in my fourth year of studying Dietetics and Nutrition, Exercise & Health Science. I intend to become a registered dietitian in the community or in corporate wellness upon graduating with my two degrees and completing a dietetic internship.

For the past two years, I have also been involved with Campus Crusade for Christ. Campus Crusade for Christ is a Christian ministry that is very active at UNL and on 3,500 other campuses in the U.S. and overseas. The Lord has greatly used this ministry to help me grow deep in my faith. Through Campus Crusade for Christ, Summer Projects are offered every year and this summer I have been accepted to serve in Vail, Colorado. There are few other environments like this opportunity!

June 4th through August 8th, I will live, work and enter into an intimate, genuine and open community of believers striving to grow as whole people in a real, vibrant relationship with God and others. This summer will equip me to do ministry in a real life context, such as in the student body at UNL and in my very near future, the workplace. I am excited to spend my summer serving God and living in a spiritual green house community, and I would greatly appreciate your prayers and thoughts as I prepare for Vail Summer Project 2011! :)

Also, If you have any questions, comments or would like to part of my ministry team and support me (financially or in prayer) on Summer Project please contact me at alison.schutz14@huskers.unl.edu. Thank you!

Xi Love, 
Alison Schutz

No comments: